4. Suggest what the audience ought to listen for in the performance.
- Does the work have a form?
- Anything notable about tempo changes, phrasing, modulations, or other analysis?
- Are there unique sounds or unconventional techniques?
- Are there characteristic intervals, pitches, tone clusters, or melodic patterns?
- Are there notable differences in interpretation between different performers?
Provide your own analysis by visually examining the score and by listening to multiple recordings.
In the library...
- Search SUMMON for your type of composition (songs, piano concertos, etc) and the words "analysis appreciation"
- Search SUMMON for CDs to read liner notes for your composition