Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Writing Center can assist students in developing their composition skills and improving their writing assignments.
Citation Management Tools
Why Use a Citation Tool?
- Gather and store references while you research
- Format citations and papers instantly for class assignments, theses, and journal manuscripts
- Create a personal research library of references, images, and PDFs
- Share with colleagues around the world
- Keep students on track with research projects
- Simplify citing to avoid plagiarism issues
Tools We Recommend
- Provided by SU Libraries
- Web Application, use anywhere anytime
- For more information, see also our RefWorks Guide.
- Open source citation tool
- Capture web pages and other new media
- For more information, see also our Zotero Guide.
- Free software with web application
- Connect with other researchers
- For more information, see also our Mendeley Guide.
- Powerful tool for manuscript preparation
- Organize documents and images
- For more information, see also our EndNote Guide.
You can also contact the SU Libraries in a variety of ways, including in person at our service desks or via:
Chat: Select the "Chat" link on our website.