Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Custom Data Search
This Google Custom search engine performs a search on websites that have been evaluated for their usefulness in providing data and statistics. Results will open in a new window.
Other Pages of Interest
Below are links to other pages that may be of interest to you.
US Government Agencies
- Federal Election Commission - In 1975, Congress created the Federal Election Commission (FEC) to administer and enforce the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA) - the statute that governs the financing of federal elections. The duties of the FEC, which is an independent regulatory agency, are to disclose campaign finance information, to enforce the provisions of the law such as the limits and prohibitions on contributions, and to oversee the public funding of Presidential elections.
- Voting and Registration - Information on reported voting and registration by various demographic and socioeconomic characteristics is collected for the nation in November of Congressional and Presidential election years in the Current Population Survey (CPS)
Domestic Data Archives
- Pew Research Center - The Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that provides information on the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. The center conducts public opinion polling, demographic studies, media content analysis and other empirical social science research.
- Harvard Election Data Archive - This archive contains data on election results, voting behavior, and electoral politics, with particular focus on the United States. The core data for the archive are state, county and district level election returns for all recent state and federal elections in the United States.
- American Presidency Project - Public papers, data, and other media related to American presidents.
- National Election Studies - high quality data on voting, public opinion, and political participation that serve the research needs of social scientists, teachers, students, policy makers and journalists concerned with the theoretical and empirical foundations of mass politics in a democratic society.
- The Record of American Democracy, 1984-1990 - Data include election returns, socioeconomic summaries, and demographic measures of the American public at unusually low levels of geographic aggregation.
- Atlas of US Presidential Elections - The Atlas is a free internet resource providing results of U.S. Presidential Elections to the world community. Data is collected from many official sources and presented here in one convenient location.
- National Annenberg Election Survey - The National Annenberg Election Survey (NAES) examines a wide range of political attitudes about candidates, issues and the traits Americans want in a president. It also has a particular emphasis on the effects of media exposure through campaign commercials and news from radio, television and newspapers.
International Data Archives