1.Develop a topic, based on your knowledge or skills, or research:
ex. "The Role of Social Media Feminism in #MeToo".
2.Write what you know about the topic
What have you learned or read so far about the #Me Too movement or about feminism in social media?
3. Ask yourself basic questions about your topic. The questions may start with;
ex. What are some ways that the #Me Too movement and social media are giving voice and agency to women of color?
4. From those questions, develop key words or terms
ex. Feminism, social media, #Me Too, women, domestic violence, sexual harassment, women of color
5. Use those terms when searching tools such as Library catalogs, databases, or Google or Google Scholar.
6. You may want to get general, background information on your topic if you know very little about it.
ex. Encyclopedias, books, reviews of the literature, etc.
7. Finding sources in various formats on your topic
ex. Electronic sources, printed materials, microforms
8. Current scholarship, including peer-reviewed research on your topic.