Syracuse University corresponding authors are eligible to make their ACS published journal articles open access without having to pay an article processing charge (APC) or individual fee, at the time of publication.
How Do I Get Support?
- During Submission via ACS Paragon Plus, as a corresponding author, select your institution from a drop-down box and use your affiliated university email address.
- Check that your institution affiliation is stated in the body of the manuscript as the corresponding author’s affiliation.
- Complete the Journal Publishing Agreement to publish open access and retain copyright. Click on the “Order Open Access” link in the JPA Tool to submit the open access funding request.
- Alternatively, you can enter your manuscript DOI at https://publish.acs.org/publish/research_share_and_oa under the ACS Open Access Licenses And Programs section to submit the open access funding request.
- Your institution will be alerted of your request and, if you are approved your work will be published at no additional cost to you as ACS open access via a CC-BY 4.0 license and made freely available on the ACS Publications website. Authors are also able to immediately add the version of record to SURFACE (Syracuse University's institutional repository).
More help is available on the Institutionally Sponsored Open Access through an ACS Read + Publish Agreement page.