Many musical works from the mainstream European and American art music repertoire are published in large collections in the library, called collected works editions or scholarly editions. These specific types of scores are generally found in the stacks in the M2's and M3's, and each set can be dozens if not hundreds of volumes. It can sometimes be difficult to find exactly which volume you want when only searching in Summon or in the Classic Catalog. This is where using some additional reference books and databases can help.
1. Look up the composer in Oxford Music Online.
2. Locate the composer's works list and the titles of the collected editions that are available.
3. Locate your work in the composer's works list.
4. Locate the volume number of the collected edition that contains your work.
5. Locate the call number of the collected works edition in the library catalog.