Mendeley is a free reference manager and social network for researchers. Use the program to collect sources, organize your research, share resources & collaborate with others online, and choose from hundreds of different citation styles to create the bibliography for your paper or manuscript. Mendeley Reference Manager replaced Mendeley Web and will also replace Mendeley Desktop.
Getting started with Mendeley:
- Sign up for a free account
- Provides access to the online Mendeley Reference Manager and allows you to access your citations from anywhere with an internet connection
- The free account includes 2GB of personal storage...
- Download The Mendeley Reference Manager Software
- The software provides enhanced functionality, including the ability to create in-text citations using the Microsoft Word toolbar
- The Microsoft Word Plug-in should automatically download when installing the software
*Note: Mendeley Cite is an Add-in, so you need to have appropriate permissions to install Add-ins. The Office 365 supplied by SU does not allow the installation of Add-ins.
Mendeley Cite also doesn't allow you to insert citations in Google Docs. For these reasons, you may want to choose another citation manager like Zotero.
- Web importer
- Import papers, web pages and other documents directly into your reference library from search engines and academic databases.