Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Define Your Topic
The first step in defining your research topic is to review your assignment.
- Are there any guidelines I need to follow (as outlined
by the instructor)?
- What are some of the current trends or issues in this area?
Then, ask yourself some questions about the topic.
Here are some questions related to the topic, time management:
college students and time management
Refine your topic by asking the following questions:
- Who? college students
- What (main subject of your topic)? I want to know how college students organize their time.
- Where? The United States
- When? Within the last ten years
- Any other details? I am interested in students from small colleges.
You may find it helpful to do some preliminary searching in order to
find out what information exists on a given topic. This could lead you
in a direction you may not have thought of originally. Ask a librarian for help in getting started.