Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What are collections?
Collections are a way for you to gather related resources together.
- Make a collection of a specific author, time period, or subject
- Create a reserve list for a specific course
- Compare different editions or translations of the same work
Anyone can make a temporary private collection. Log in to make a collection permanent or public.
From the Collections page you can search for a specific collection. Use the search box located just below the "Create a new collection" link, or use the drop down boxes to sort and filter the collections.
To search within a collection simply open the collection (click on the title) and use the "Search in this collection" search bar.
Creating and adding items to collections
Making a collection:
- Log in with your SU NetID and password
- Click on either the "Collections" or "My Collections" link at the very top of the webpage
- Click on "Create a New Collection"
- Give your collection a name and description (description is optional) and click "Add"
- Your collection is made!
Adding to your collection from the search results page:
- Search for the item(s) you want in your collection using the full-text search (not available in the catalog search)
- On the search results, check box(es) next to the items you want (you can "select all" if you want)
- From the drop down menu above the search results choose what collection you want and click "Add Selected"
- Your selected items are now in your collection!
Adding to your collection from an the individual volume page:
- Search for the item you want using any type of search (full-text, catalog, etc.)
- Click on "full view" or "limited search only" to get to the idividual volume
- On the left, under "Add to collection," choose your desired collection and click "Add"
- Your item is now in your collection!
Finding collections created by SU users
- Go to the Collections Page
- Change the tab to "all"
- Type "Syracuse University" into the collection search box
- collection list will automatically update to only those with your search term
- Sort by owner if desired - this will alphabetize the user names from SU