Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SUMMON Search Tips
To find librettos:
- Enter the word "librettos" followed by the show title in its entirety, adding quotation marks to search as a phrase, i.e. librettos "Sweeney Todd"
- Limit your search results to content type "Books-e-books" on the left
- If needed, additionally limit to subject terms "librettos"
Libretti for Early Operas
Repertoire and archive of librettos of Italian melodrama from 1600 to 1900.
Il Corago o vero some observations for staging the dramatic compositions well is a treatise on the staging of the opera performance, compiled around the 1730s by an unidentified author, perhaps Pierfrancesco Rinuccini, son of Ottavio, or Ferdinando Saracinelli. Paraphrasing the title of the treatise, the Corago project intends to offer scholars an ordered and verified information base on Italian melodrama, from the seventeenth to the early twentieth centuries. The reference point of this initiative is the Radames prototype (Repertory and Archiving of Documents Relating to Melodrama And Entertainment), created in 2003 in collaboration with the Department of Music and Entertainment of the University of Bologna: Corago is a first concrete realization of Radames .
Use SUMMON to Find Books, Ebooks, and Librettos
- Print books at SU Libraries, including full-text indexing for titles also in Google Books
- Ebooks from various publisher collections
- Public domain digital book scans in HathiTrust Digital Library
WorldCat is a world catalog of libraries that participate in SU Libraries' inter-library loan network. Search here for books, scores and recordings in other libraries, and we will borrow it for you, free of charge.
Find something you like? Collect the citation and place an inter-library loan request. PDFs of articles usually arrive in 1-2 days, and books usually arrive in 5-8 business days.
- Use the advanced search and the same subject headings from the SU catalog.
- Be sure to limit by format (book, musical score, recording)
- If on-campus, look for the "Interlibrary Loan" link to transfer the citation directly to our ILL request form.