Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is an academic paper?
Why Plagiarism is Wrong
When you commit plagiarism, you hurt yourself and the community in the following ways:
- You deny yourself the opportunity to learn and practice skills that may be needed in your future careers.
- You invite future employers and faculty to question your integrity and performance in general.
- You commit fraud on faculty who are evaluating your work.
- You deprive another author due credit for his or her work.
- You show disrespect for your peers who have done their work.
- PenState-Why Plagiarism is Wrong