Photo of Mansion from Oneida Community Collection
Browse all Special Collections Manuscripts
Digital Special Collections
Holdings of the Special Collections Research Center relevant to Social Work include the following. Links are provided to finding aids for collections that have finding aids.
- Virginia Insley Collection on Public Health Social Work
- Institutes of Religion and Health Records 1951-1975
- Norman Vincent Peale materials regarding pastoral counseling and referrals to psychiatric assistance
- Willowbrook Collection regarding a television documentary about institutional problems with group homes for people with mental disabilities in New York State
- Benjamin Spock papers
- Family history papers from late 19th to early 20th centuries reflecting intergenerational relationships for the Hyatt, Mayor, Beebe, Brisbane, Osborne, and Gerrit Smith families.
- Papers of Marty Mann, founder of the National Council on Alcoholism
- Papers of the National Service Secretariat regarding volunteerism and social issues
- William Tallack papers regarding prison reform
- Prudence Wayland Smith papers regarding migrant worker rights and prison reform
- Thomas Mott Osborne papers regarding prison reform
- Eva vom Baur Hansl collections about women’s education and women’s issues,
- Edmund Chaffee sermons about religion, specifically Christianity, and its relationship to politics, labor, technocracy, war, pacifism, communism, and socialism.
- Edward Corsi collections regarding immigration, labor relations, and social welfare
- James A. Pike, clergyman and social reformer
- Additional collections regarding social activism and reform, adult education, African Americans
content for this page originally curated by Adina Mulliken