Established in 1972, NCJRS is a federally funded resource offering justice and substance abuse information to support research, policy, and program development worldwide
http://www.ncjrs.gov/ or click on image
Evaluate web resources carefully! Anyone can publish anything on the web. Consider the following:
1. Accuracy—purpose of site, author and institutional contact information.
2. Authority–authors’ credentials, check domain of site (.edu, .gov, .com).
3. Objectivity- accurate information, limited advertising.
4. Currency– page current and updated regularly, links working (especially important for medical info), date of last update visible.
5. Readability—technology requirements appropriate, loads without errors, links work.
Add up all these requirements. If all or most are met, this page may be appropriate for your research.