The "Originality Report" highlights areas of your paper that match text from existing sources, including journal articles and web sites.
1. To access your originality report, start at the Assignment Inbox. (Go to the Submit/Check Papers page and click on View/Complete beneath one of the assignments.)
Note: If you submit more than one paper on the same day, the originality report for the first paper may arrive quickly, but the report for the second paper may take 24 hours.
2. From the Assignment Inbox, click on View for the paper you wish to review. Once connected, click on the “Originality” button at the top of the page to see which sources have been identified as having similar text.
Alternatively, you can click on the percentage under “Similarity” in the Assignment Inbox to view the Originality Report.
Note: Disregard the "grademark report" icon. This feature is not available.
3. The originality report will open in a new window. It will highlight areas that match other sources by more than 1% (you can change the settings within the report to exclude matches by percentage or number of words based on your preference).
4. You can click on the Full Source View link to see the original source, which will appear to the right.
5. After you view your report, you can revise your paper and resubmit it by clicking on the "resubmit" button on the Assignment Inbox. Please note that your original paper will be replaced and there will be a delay before receiving your new originality report.
Note: You can also use the resubmit button to submit different papers if you wish.