1) Search for articles in more than one database, and use the databases suggested by your subject librarian.
2) Know that some databases index full article text, some index abstracts, and some index only citations. All are useful!
3) Try searching several different keywords. Don't be shy! Keep a keyword list and keep trying.
4) Once you find an article, click "view full text" or "PDF" to read it.
5) Don't see a full-text link? Click to find full-text in another database, find it in print in the library, or request the article through inter-library loan.