General Social Sciences:
- Humanities Full Text
Full-text access to articles in journals covering Communications, Folklore, Gender Studies, Journalism, Literary & Social Criticism, and Literature.
Full-text articles from over 1,300 journals in Language and Literature, African American Studies, Film Studies, British Studies, and Folklore and many other areas.
Communities and Cultures:
- eHraf World Cultures
A cross-cultural database with reference works on all aspects of cultural and social life.
- Ethnic Newswatch
Full-text of newspapers and periodicals published by the ethnic and minority press in America.
- LGBT Life
provides access to literature regarding gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender issues.
- Contemporary Women's Issues
Full-text articles on a broad range of women's issues, bringing together such disciplines as sociology, psychology, health, education, child and family studies, marriage and family therapy, aging, gerontology and human rights.
Includes literature of social gerontology and includes aging-related content from the health sciences, psychology, sociology, social work, economics, and public policy, AgeLine also includes information for professionals working in aging-related fields and for consumers.
- Race Relations Abstracts
Despite the name, this database includes many full text articles related to race relations, including ethnic studies, discrimination, immigration studies, and other areas (make sure to click "Linked Full Text" when you search).
indexes publications that focus on gender across a broad spectrum of subject areas.
Geography and Environment:
Multidisciplinary; draws on the connections between the environment and a variety of disciplines.
Gateway to numerous authoritative scientific databases and websites provided by U.S. Government agencies, including the Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Defense (DOD), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- CQ Researcher
Consists of reports on public policy issues including environment, health and nutrition, education, international affairs, economics, and science and technology.
- Social Explorer
Social Explorer allows the researcher to make maps and reports, visually analyze, explore and understand the current and historical demography of the Untied States.
- American Community Survey
A community-specific resource on the U.S. Census Bureau website
- Education Full Text Provides indexing of periodicals and yearbook articles of at least one column in length and dating from 1983 or later, abstracting of those dating from Jan. 1994, Select full text of those dating from Jan. 1996. Also covers English language books published after 1994.
- Education Research Complete Provides indexing and abstracts for more than 2,400 journals in all areas of education, including some historical indexing back to the 1930’s. Includes the full text for numerous education-related books, journals and conference papers.
Current and Historical Mass-Media Coverage:
- SU Newspaper Resources Research Guide
- Access World News
Full-text local and regional newspapers, offering a variety of viewpoints on local and world issues
Access more than 15,000 news, business and legal sources from LexisNexis—including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790, together with extensive current and historical U.S. state and federal statutes, published court decisions and regulations. Registering for a free ID and password within the interface is recommended for those looking to take advantage of personalization features such as alerts, saved searches and a collaborative workspace with shared folders and annotated documents.
- Alt-Press Watch
Full text of selected newspapers, magazines, and journals of the alternative and independent press.
Film, Television, Music, and Performance:
- Communication Source
Combines Communication and Mass Media Complete and Communication Abstracts (formerly published by Sage), and includes many unique sources not previously available in other databases. Communication Source offers abstracts and indexing as well as full-text content from publications worldwide pertaining to Communication, Advertising, Linguistics, Rhetoric and Discourse, Speech-Language Pathology, Media Studies and other fields relevant to the discipline.
- FIAF: Index to Film Periodicals Plus FIAF Index to Film Periodicals Plus is a bibliographical resource offering coverage of hundreds of the world's foremost academic and popular film journals right up to the present day. Many of these key titles are available here in full text including complete runs.
- Film & television literature indexCovers over 300 journal and magazine titles for film and television reviews, scholarly and critical analysis of cinema and television, and articles of popular interest about film and television.
- International Index To Music Periodicals Full Text
An index with full-text and abstracts of articles on music. Includes indexing for music articles and obituaries from the New York Times and The Washington Post. Covers nearly all aspects of music, including scholarly studies and popular trends
- Rock's Backpages Library
Online archive of rock music writing, including articles and reviews, from the 1960's to the present. Coverage includes all types of popular music, from Abba to Zappa. Fully searchable by artist, date and genre.